- Does the Gospel adorn my daily speech and conduct, or do I curse, speak carelessly, or misuse God's name?
- Have I kept all the vows I have made in the Lord's name?
- Do I stand up and swear by God's name when it is for the truth of the Gospel or the benefit of my neighbor in need?
- Am I diligent and sincere in my prayers, or have I been lazy, bored or distracted? Do I trust that God will answer them according to His good and gracious will?
- Have I been careless in my teaching of God's Word to my spouse, children, or any group that has trusted me? Do I teach as divine truth only what God has clearly revealed in the Scriptures, or have I passed of as divine truth what I am unsure of, or know to be human speculation or personal opinion?
Again, the Law of God is good and pleasing. Why? Because it brings us to our knees to the foot of the cross, clinging to the gifts that God himself gives us poor sinners through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. There we have forgiveness, life and salvation, and he places holy words into our mouths and onto our lips. In the Gospel, we are given words of life, and a true confession of the one in whom we have salvation.
Thanks be to God! May this prayer always be on our lips! Amen.