Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Why Would I? A Brief Exhortation to Christians on Facebook

Why would I call upon the name of the LORD in every trouble, pray, praise, and give thank, when I can just post my trouble or frustration on FB?

Why would I believe that Our Father who art in heaven is my true Father, and that I am His true child, so that with all boldness and confidence I may ask Him as a dear child asks his dear father, when I can just update my FB status and know that my "friends" will know what I need?

Why would I fear and love God so that I defend and speak well of my neighbor, when I can just vent about him or her, and harm his reputation on FB, without him ever knowing?

Because I am baptized into Christ. The old has gone, the new has come. That Old Adam is drowned in daily contrition and repentance, so that the new man, who lives in me through the Gospel, might daily emerge and arise to live before God as His child...and might even use FB to love and serve my neighbor.

Who'd a thunk it?

No comments: