Thursday, November 05, 2009

Daily Devotional Thought--From the New Testament

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Romans 8:28 can perplex us, especially when faced with tremendous hardships. The great hymn, What God Ordains Is Always Good, teaches us rightly:

What God ordains is always good: His will is just and holy.
As He directs my life for me, I follow meek and lowly.
My God in deed In every need Knows well how He will shield me;
To Him, the, I will yield me.

What God ordains is always good: He never will deceive me;
HE leads me in His righteous way, And never will He leave me.
I take content What He has sent; His hand that sends me sadness
Will turn my tears to gladness.

What God ordains is always good: His loving thought attends me;
No poison can be in the cup That my physician sends me.
My God is true; Each morning new I trust His grace unending,
My life to Him commending.

What God ordains is always good: He is my friend and Father;
He suffers naught to do me harm Though many storms may gather.
Now I may know Both joy and woe; Some day I shall see clearly
That He has loved me dearly.

What God ordains is always good: Though I the cup am drinking
Which savors now of bitterness, I take it without shrinking.
For after grief God gives relief, My heart with comfort filling
And all my sorrow stilling.

What God ordains is always good: This truth remains unshaken.
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, I shall not be forsaken.
I fear no harm, For with His arm He shall embrace and shield me;
So to my God I yield me.

What this confesses is the truth that St. Paul teaches. Even though my eyes see destruction and pain and sorrow, yet I confess what I remains hidden. Indeed all things work together for good for those who love God. Amen.

No comments: